anja's blog: Engagement Ring, 11/1/09

Monday, November 16, 2009

Engagement Ring, 11/1/09

Ken found this amazing ring online. I had decided that I wanted a tension set ring because I thought the suspended stone looked pretty cool, and it was low profile so (hopefully) I would be less likely to break it. However, I was worried about losing a diamond, and the tension set rings that I found were pretty pricey. The ring is made by Rumors Jewelry Company, based out of Utah, which custom makes these tension set rings upon order. I talked with them over the phone and got the scoop! First, they make a cut in the ring, and slits on the interior walls of the band to help secure the gemstone. Then they use a special tool to pry it apart and set the gemstone. The force of the band attempting to close is primarily what holds the gem in place. My ring is titanium and features a beautiful white sapphire. Here's a picture from their online store (it is much better than the pictures I attempted to take!):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home