anja's blog: Time for a new Subaru -- December 2012

Monday, December 24, 2012

Time for a new Subaru -- December 2012

Recently, my 1999 subaru outback started spewing smoke from the engine. I pulled over, and almost immediately someone else pulled over to help (gotta love Utah!). A tube to my radiator had torn, so it looked like I needed to get that part replaced. Unfortunately, the mechanics had me replace the entire radiator, which I did for about $400, and then two days later it started over heating again. I pulled over and had it towed back to the shop. They said the head gasket was partially blown and needed to be repaired for a cost of about $200 in parts and $2300 in labor. So, it looks like in addition to a new house this month, I will also be getting a new subaru!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home